National Programs Support Assistant
National Programs Support Assistant
July 10, 2020
Frontier College is a national, non-profit literacy organization that was founded in 1899. We work with children, teens, adults and families who need help to improve their literacy skills. We work with a variety of partner organizations to deliver volunteer-run, community-based programs across Canada. Frontier College is accredited under the Imagine Canada Standards program.
We are currently seeking an individual to assist with a variety of administrative and logistical activities related to the Summer Literacy Camps programming and other national initiatives, including the roll-out of a new program database. The successful candidate will receive valuable hands-on experience, training and mentorship, and professional development in a friendly and positive environment.
As a response to Covid-19, this position will require remote work arrangements for some or all tasks. Candidates will be asked to use their own computers/ devices with some relevant technical support/ set-up provided by Frontier College.
This position is based in Toronto, and reports to the National Programs Support Manager. The position will also work closely with the Program Development Advisor on various national initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with national staff, volunteers and community partners to support Summer Literacy Camps program facilitation
- Collaborating with national staff to organize and collate national program information, resources and data
- Supporting inventory management of materials and books for northern/ remote communities hosting summer programming across Canada
- Assisting with coordination of database implementation project, including roll-out and orientation
- Conducting testing of different database builds and components
- Other administrative duties associated with national programs support as needed
Skills and Attributes
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented, comfortable with large volumes of data
- Knowledge of Windows, and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to lift medium to heavy boxes
- Prior experience with Frontier College and/or the literacy field
- Relevant studies in social work, social studies or the humanities
- 20 hours/ week
- Contract will commence July 2020
- Successful candidates will be paid on a biweekly basis
Interested candidates should send resumé and covering letter to:
Cory Kane, National Programs Support Manager
Friday, July 10th, 2020
For more information about Frontier College visit www.frontiercollege.ca
We encourage applications that reflect the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds we serve at Frontier College. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to promote equity and reflect the diversity of our organization, we encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Furthermore, we welcome applications from individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to integration and maintaining the independence of individuals and removing barriers to accessibility in the workplace. We are committed to full compliance with the Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation. We invite applicants to request accommodation, as required, throughout the application and hiring process.
You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview