Program Development Advisor
Program Development Advisor
Part-time (50%), contract
ASAP to March 31, 2020
September 30, 2020
Toronto/Work from home
Frontier College is a national, non-profit literacy organization which was founded in 1899. We work with children, teens, adults, and families who need help to improve their literacy skills. We work with a variety of community-based organizations to deliver volunteer-run, community-based programs across Canada. Many of our programs are delivered through a national network of university campus-based initiatives.
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to fulfill a part-time, contract role that inspires donors and enables revenue generation success. The Program Development Advisor
generates government, corporate, and foundation grant applications and reports, and customized business development materials, using socio-economic research, program statistics, and evaluation data.
Reporting to the Manager of Program Development, the Program Development Advisor (PDA)
serves as principal writer and editor for a wide variety of print and electronic documents, including proposals, reports, and presentations for government, corporate and foundation audiences, prospective funders, and the general public. The PDA works closely with Regional Managers/Directors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes
- Preparing highly customized concept papers, grant applications, and impact reports, using program statistics, external research, and in-house reports
- Using financial and program data for accurate, impactful stewardship reporting and promotion that reflect FC’s mission, culture, and strategic priorities
- Advising Managers/Directors and collaborating with Finance department as needed on all aspects of the solicitation, proposal, stewardship, and reporting process to achieve best-in-class products and funding relationships
- Identifying engaging stewardship opportunities, and preparing stewardship materials to inspire donor loyalty and bring to life the impact of funders’ contributions
- Identifying and researching strategic funding opportunities
- Post-secondary degree in Social Sciences, Education or Non-Profit Management, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of government, foundation, and corporate funding practices for non-profits
- Understanding of non-profit impact evaluation principles
- Exceptional writing, research, and project management skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and quickly produce multiple, accurate reports and proposals
- Attention to detail, quality assurance for text and data accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative spirit
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to think strategically and work proactively
- High tolerance for competing priorities, complexity, and ambiguity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with/working knowledge of Frontier College programs and organizational practices
- A successful track record in producing fundraising proposals for non-profit organizations
- Experience with DonorPerfect or similar donor management software
- Bilingual (English / French)
: We offer an attractive compensation package, and a chance to work in a supportive environment.
Interested candidates should send resume and covering letter to
Attention: Laura Boudreau
No phone calls, please.
: September 30, 2020
For more information about Frontier College visit www.frontiercollege.ca
We encourage applications that reflect the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds we serve at Frontier College. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to promote equity and reflect the diversity of our organization, we encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Furthermore, we welcome applications from individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to integration and maintaining the independence of individuals and removing barriers to accessibility in the workplace. We are committed to full compliance with the Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation. We invite applicants to request accommodation, as required, throughout the application and hiring process.
You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.